The 15 Years of my Encounter with Badminton

After the third badminton tournament at Wenzhou-Kean University, we briefly took a group photo, Saturday, October. 14, 2023. (WKU Athletic Association). 2023/12/11

    The third badminton tournament of Wenzhou-Kean University came to an end this October. My partner and I signed up for the men’s doubles badminton tournament, although the result just stopped at the top eight, leaving some regrets. 
    Nevertheless, I would like to use this blog to recall my own story with badminton for these 15 years. 

A badminton ball that lands on the ground and is almost worn out by me looks great in the light and shadow, Saturday, December. 9, 2023. (Hu Qinghe). 2023/12/11

    I was introduced to badminton in the first grade in my primary school. I have never received professional badminton training and only have my father who is very passionate about badminton. So, I was very young in the subtle cultivation of such an interest. Badminton has become my favourite sport.
    I have no interest in basketball, which is the popular sport that is supposed to be for most boys. Sports like soccer and volleyball. I am not good at either. So, my time for sports was always spent on badminton and my skills were slowly strengthening.

I have four badminton rackets, two of which have broken and can no longer fight alongside me, Saturday, December. 9, 2023. (Hu Qinghe). 2023/12/11

    I remember at the beginning, the drop shot was the only and my first skill. During my high school years, I was known as the “King of Dropping” for this skill.
    Day after day and year after year, my enthusiasm for badminton has not diminished at all. I gradually can get command of deep high shot, backhand, puff ball, and so on.


​    However, I was slow to master the main points of smash. This made me suffer during my junior high school years and was also a key factor in my failure to beat my “arch-rival” at that time.
    Later, in the physical education class of Senior Two, I began to experience the thrill of smashing badminton through the patient guidance of my P.E. teacher. In my university, I also enjoy the moment when I can take my feet off the ground, smash and score.

I am playing singles with a friend in the WKU's gym and getting ready to smash., Monday, December. 11, 2023. (Hu Qinghe). 2023/12/11

    While I feel satisfied with my self-improvement, badminton brings me a greater benefit—--socialization. I have made a lot of nice friends because of badminton. It is a great pleasure to play against or cooperate with friends. Especially, in Wenzhou-Kean University. Badminton is a really good social activity indeed. 
​     These are what the 15 years of my encounter with badminton have brought me. I do not have strong talent, nor do I have the desire to go to systematic learning, but this love I believe will exist forever.
     Maybe in another 15 years, I will become more powerful and I will have more stories to tell. After all, my story with badminton is still going on…





Comments

  1. Good self-development story! I can't believe you've been playing badminton for fifteen years! I have seen you play badminton on the badminton court before and you are very good at it. Please believe in your talent and keep playing badminton. Sports will not only strengthen your body, but also enrich your spirit. Your father is very smart, let you from a young age to continue to contact badminton. This will help you a lot later.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kicking Through Adversity

Three Things you Must Know about GUNPLA